E-mail: You are always welcome to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I try to check my e-mail regularly during the day and will respond within 24 hours (but most likely sooner!). I will also use email to send reminders and other information!
Phone: You can reach me by phone by calling the office at 417-742-4639. However, if it during school hours, you will be sent to my voicemail and I will return your phone call when I am available.
Newsletter: Each Friday I will send home a paper copy of a newsletter -- this will include important dates, events and anything else you may need to know that is going on in the school/our classroom.
Remind: This is a completely private texting system that allows me to text anyone who joins with no phone numbers being shared. It is great for quick reminders (ex: tomorrow is picture day!) or last minute information (ex: I am sick, there will be a sub today.). To sign up for Remind, click HERE.
Blog: This blog will also have our newsletter information every Friday. I may also make additional posts when necessary. It also has links to special class teacher blogs and other important websites. There are resources you can use to help pick out leveled books and online tools you're child has access to.
Facebook: This year I am trying out a class Facebook page. My #1 concern when creating this page is privacy. Please click HERE to view the privacy options for groups. I currently have our group set to "Closed" but after people have time to join, I will probably set the group to "Secret" depending on how things go. I will let you know when/if I do this.
A few things to keep in mind:
1) I have to approve anyone who asks to join the group so you won't have access until I see/accept your request.
2) The purpose of this group is for you to get a peek into our classroom -- it isn't the easiet to add pictures to the blog so I think Facebook is a great way for you to see what we are doing. Please keep posts from the group IN the group.
3) If you are not comfortable with your child's picture being on Facebook, please let me know. I will never put their names with their pictures and only members (fellow parents) will be able to see the posts.
4) I do not accept friend requests from student's parents on my personal Facebook page-- it is
nothing personal but I also appreciate privacy on my own Facebook page :)
5) To find and join our class Facebook page please search "Mrs. LInes' First Grade" Let me know if you can't find it!